Nsfas 2024 Allowances
Nsfas 2024 Allowances
Nsfas 2024 Allowances: Have you been accepted to receive funds from the National Student Financial Aid Scheme(NSFAS) or about to apply and wish to know the NSFAS allowance for applicants both Tvet colleges and universities students each month and how you will be paid each month? This article is here to help you know the Nsfas Money Per Month. NSFAS pays allowances to students in the first week of every month. NFAS begins to disburse students’ allowances to their NSFAS Wallets in the first week of the month. The disbursement of the allowances is not simultaneous for all students. This means your friend may receive his or her allowances earlier than you. Continue reading to know more.
What Does the NSFAS Cover?
The amounts given for housing, living allowance, transportation, and learning materials must be in accordance with the most recent DHET criteria.
- Accommodation allowance
- Transport allowance
- Living allowance
- Learning material allowance
- Incidental/personal care allowance
Nsfas Money Per Month 2024-2025
|NSFAS Allowance For TVET College Students||Payable Amount (Monthly)||Payable Amount (Per Annum)|
|Incidental/Personal Care Allowance||R242||R2900|
|Accommodation in Rural Area||R1,312||R15,750|
|Accommodation in Peri-Urban Area||R1,575||R18,900|
|Accommodation in Urban Area||R2000||R24,000|
|Transport (up to 40km from the institution)||R613||R7,350|
Also, when you’re approved to receive the National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) funding as a TVET College student, NSFAS covers your registration fees and tuition fees. The registration fees and tuition fees are defined by your institution per the academic semester or year.
REQUIRED SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS DURING THE APPLICATION PROCESS
However, you’ll lose your NSFAS funding if you fail to meet the academic performance requirements.
- Provide your own cellphone number and email address
- You must have a copy of your ID or birth certificate
- National ID copies of parents, guardians, or spouse
- The evidence of your income or 1 year’s IRP5 if necessary
- The proof of income of your parents, guardian, or spouse.
- If you are a SASSA grant recipient, you don’t need to provide any evidence of income.
- All Applicants with a disability should provide and submit a completed and signed Disability Annexure A Form
- An applicant who is known as a Vulnerable Child by the Department of Social Development should also provide a completed and signed Vulnerable Child Declaration and Consent Form.
How to Apply for NSFAS Online Application
- Visit the NSFAS Application website: www.nsfas.org.za
- Then, you click on the ‘myNSFAS’ tab
- Create a myNSFAS account. If you don’t know how to create, click HERE
- Click on the ‘APPLY’ tab
- Update your personal information
- Answer the questions you see on the screen
- Upload all the required supporting documents
- Finally, you click on ‘submit
For more information on nsfas click here