Nsfas Student Account 2024-2025
Nsfas Student Account 2024-2025
Nsfas Student Account 2024-2025: The National Student Financial Aid Scheme online application for the 2024-2025 academic year will open on 1 September and close on 30 November 2024. Therefore, all applicants who want to be funded by NSFAS bursary should apply by creating an NSFAS account and login into Mynsfas. Keep in mind that, your phone number and email address must be unique to you and cannot be shared. If you wish to create an NSFAS account, follow the steps below.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS NEEDED WHEN CREATING MY NSFAS ACCOUNT
- Provide your own cellphone number and email address
- You must have a copy of your ID or birth certificate
- National ID copies of parents, guardians, or spouse
- The evidence of your income or 1 year’s IRP5 if necessary
- The proof of income of your parents, guardian, or spouse.
- If you are a SASSA grant recipient, you don’t need to provide any evidence of income.
- All Applicants with a disability should provide and submit a completed and signed Disability Annexure A Form
- An applicant known as a Vulnerable Child by the Department of Social Development should also provide a completed and signed Vulnerable Child Declaration and Consent Form.
How To Create Mynsfas Account
Applicants are required to create an NSFAS account before they can apply for funding. Here are the simple steps to follow to create the account.
- Log onto www.nsfas.org.za
- Click on ‘register’
- Complete the required fields (ID number, cellphone number and email address)
- Upload a copy of your ID or birth certificate. If you are uploading a copy of a Smart-ID, please ensure that both sides are visible on the copy
- Type in first names (as per ID number)
- Type in Surname (as per ID number)
- Type in your ID number (will your username)
- Type in your own Email address
- Type in your own Cellphone number
- Accept terms and conditions Tick the box provided, to allow NSFAS to check the information provided (compulsory)
- Create a Password, To (protect your account)
ID number, Names and Surname are validated against the Department of Home Affairs database. Only valid South African ID information will be accepted.
How do I update my account details with NSFAS?
How to make changes to your National Student Financial Aid Scheme account:
- Please visit nsfas.org.za and log in.
- Please enter your username and password (under the ‘already registered’ option) to continue.
- Click the ‘sign in’ button.
- Please go to ‘My Personal Details’ and change the inaccurate cell phone number with the right one (the same can be done with other incorrect information)
How to Reset the Password
Already have a MyNsfas account but can’t remember your password? Don’t worry, you can easily reset your Nsfas login password by:
- Clicking on the “forgot your password” tab and enter your ID number
- Choose whether you have forgotten your username and password and click “Submit“
- You will receive an OTP via email and SMS
- Type in the OTP you received and click “Submit“
- You will then be required to create a new password.
- Links Mynsfas account how to login
Did you know that if your myNSFAS portal account is locked, you can reset your login information by clicking on the “forgot your password” link and following the instructions?
For more information on nsfas click here