My Nsfas My Status 2024-2025
My Nsfas My Status 2024-2025
My Nsfas My Status 2024-2025: Students who applied for the National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) for this academic year can now check their NSFAS status. Checking your NSFAS application is very important. This helps you to know the progress of your funding application or know the current position as to whether you’re still funded by NSFAS or not. Also, you’ll get to know if your application is approved or unsuccessful. On this site, we are taking you through the NSFAS status check process so that you can check the progress of your NSFAS application or NSFAS funding.
How to view/check my nsfas online application status
Within a few days of the deadline, applicants should expect a response to their application. If you haven’t heard from NSFAS yet, you should verify the progress of your application on your own. Follow the steps below.
- Log into your myNSFAS account portal.
- Enter your ID or username and password.
- Click the SIGN IN! button.
- Once you log into your account dashboard, click on Track Funding Progress to check your application status.
- If your application has been successful, Congrats! If not, better luck next time.
After checking your application status, there are a number of results you might receive from NSFAS funding. Here are what you could receive and what they mean:
- Application Submitted: Your application has been loaded onto the NSFAS system successfully.
- Filtering: The system checks if you are a returning student and whether you have any previous qualifications.
- Validation: NSFAS is conducting third-party checks with SASSA and the Department of Home Affairs.
- Evaluation: NSFAS is verifying all the documents you have submitted during your application.
- Funding Eligibility: NSFAS is verifying your household financial status that was declared in your application.
- Awaiting Academic Results/Admission: NSFAS is checking your academic results and your institution’s admission status to ensure that you meet the requirements to be funded by NSFAS. Many find themselves staying on this step for a while. This is because NSFAS has to wait for information from your chosen institution.
- Awaiting Registration: NSFAS is receiving data from your institution to enable them to create a bursary agreement. This is another step students find themselves on for a while. This is because NSFAS has to wait for information from your chosen institution.
- Signing Of Agreement: At this stage, you need to sign your bursary agreement so that NSFAS can disburse your allowances.
- Payments: Your allowances are now being paid either through the NSFAS mobile wallet system or through your institution. Students are advised to continue to monitor the myNSFAS portal for updates.
For more information on nsfas click here